Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Not-So-Terrible Twos

So our posts have been a little spare here lately but apparently, there's this thing called "terrible twos" that has suddenly effected my kids and left me exhausted!  I'm kidding really (about the terrible part, not the exhausted part) but Brayden and Julie have suddenly discovered that they can demand request my help or presence - and since we've been working on requesting, I almost always oblige.

In a typical day, this might include typical things, like being led to the fridge for a cup of milk or to the train table for some play time.  Brayden will occasionally just put a random body part to my mouth, since everyone knows Mommy kisses magically make everything "all better." Sometimes it's a little more unusual, for instance when Julie will drag me to the middle of the room and stuff the corner of our fleece blanket into my hand in an attempt to force me to do a "blanket swing" for her.  We've had instances of Julie believing that she can grab the back of my hand and use it to steal things from her brother since she knows she's not supposed to herself.  Today, she grabbed my hands and placed them on her shirt - after she'd removed her pants - so that she could strip down a bit.  I love that they're being so intentional and realizing the power in requesting - if only we could get some more words flowing!  You'd think that saying "milk" would be less effort than dragging Mom through the house but clearly not.  None the less, we're committed to reinforcing the behavior, so when the babes say jump, I say "how high."

This is a bit tiring to say the least though, so it's been limiting the energy I have to blog or make hair bows.  I keep trying to give myself a break though - the blog will still be here, and so will GiggleBuzz when the time comes and I can get back to things.  I do feel bummed in the meantime that my website is still featuring fall hairbows instead of holiday or valentine's day!

These babes will never be in this stage again and so I'm just sucking up every sweet moment and taking each challenge with joy.  Despite the days where I'm desperate for a break or counting down the minutes until naptime, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog DirectoryI'm A Top Twin & Multiple Blogger @ Top Mommy Blogs - Please Click To Give Me A Vote

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.

=