Sunday, March 10, 2013

So Big...

I laid there in bed tonight, waiting for Brayden to fall asleep, staring at his little toes.  "Little" being the operative word as they are no longer "tiny."  When did this happen?  I have been sorting through last summer's clothes for our upcoming consignment sale and even clothes from nine months ago seem so small.  Everyone says to capture each moment in your heart as these "baby days" are fleeting.  Each day they must grow such a tiny bit that it truly has snuck up on me.

Looking at pictures, I'm shocked at how their faces have changed.  Brayden looks like a little boy already, and Julie's baby face has thinned and become more feminine with her lovely wisps of curl.  It's incredible really.

And while I reminisce over the memory of these tiny beings, I wouldn't replace these days with those days for anything in the world.  Julie has learned to blow kisses and immitate Dan's "evil laugh" (think "mwa-ha-ha-ha").  Brayden's independence is remarkable, but I have to admit that I love the moments where he turns back to me for security.  He adores playing with other boys especially.  Their rambunctious chase just speaks to the boyish spirit within him.  Julie has begun to snuggle which was so unlike the baby she used to be.  Brayden adores his Dad and is so busy putting little people in every hole and crevice.  They both love the dogs.

Yes these days are some of the best.  And so it's been my nightly prayer that I can work to always put them first and not miss a moment.  I'm always busy... I'm a do-er, not a watcher, and sometimes find it difficult to not be in the middle of a project.  Lazy days are just not in my nature.  So staying home I've filled the gap with playdates to plan, consignment sales to coordinate, and GiggleBuzz which certainly keeps me busy preparing for my first upcoming craft show.  It's so easy to focus on my to-do list and forget to sit and play, read, sing and dance with them as much as I should.  Maybe working moms aren't the only ones struggling with balance.

But those tiny toes, now transformed into little feet, remind me how quickly they grow and that I'm blessed to be witness to every moment.



Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.

=