Saturday, March 31, 2012

Shop Till You Drop

Spring means sunshine, green blooming flowers, and apparently (in Western Pennsylvania at least) consignment shopping.

Before having kids, I'd heard of these sales - but barely.  An acquaintance of an acquaintance worked at one, and I'd catch a fleeting glimpse of a yard sign advertising a sale at intersection.  We had thrown around the idea of visiting one of these sales while I was pregnant, but decided it was way too close to our vacation to bother.  If I'd only known then what I know now!

I've seen blog posts on other sites about consignment shopping, and wile I'm certainly no veteran to the experience, and some tips for new shoppers.

We visited five sales over the past two weeks, and have fully stocked up on equipment, toys, clothes and accessories to last us into the fall.  For just around $300, I have outfitted both babies with almost all of their non-consumable needs for the next 6 months.  A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Some of my favorite buys were:
Step 2 Wagon: $6
Brand new Swimsuit from Gymboree: $4
Brand new hat from Gymboree: $3
Ralph Lauren Khaki Pants for Brayden: $2
2 Bumbo Seats + 1 Tray: $35 total
2 Exersaucers in excellent condition: $40 total
Searsucker Dress for Julie for Preakness: $6
Little Einstein DVDs: $2-3 each
Little People Play Sets: $4-6 each



We may NEVER shop retail again.

Stay tuned for when I reveal my "Top 10 Tips for Kids Consignment Success!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Please leave your comments below.

=